As London’s sole stockist of the fabulous WorkCycles Kr8, we occasionally find ourselves helping these bikes find new homes if their former owners move away.
This particular Kr8 is three months old, and in superb condition. It comes with a satin black paint job, premium Shimano Nexus 8-speed gears + hub dynamo, Busch & Muller lights, long rear rack, Schwalbe Marathon tyres, IM80 rollerbrakes, and a brand new (unused) Selle Royal Ondina saddle.
After a quick polish and re-grease, the bike has been returned to perfect working order. In fact, because of the usual ‘break in’ period for hub gears, this Kr8 actually works more smoothly than a new one!
The Amsterdam-based WorkCycles team is known for their attention to detail, and so it comes as no surprise that their own-brand bakfiets has a number of well-considered advantages over its predecessors and peers; the Kr8’s lighter weight, better steering, clever cabling, enhanced ergonomics, and improved parking stand all work together to set it apart from the competition. Easier and nicer to ride than any three-wheeler, the low-lying box and adaptive geometry make handling a piece of cake for anyone.
As the Kr8 has joined the ‘r8’ family, this mighty bakfiets can make use of the extensive range of optional extras for which WorkCycles have become famous. Nifty features such as the patented ‘Escape Hatch’ make it easy to replace things like the rear tyre, inner tube, or rollerbrake without opening the chaincase or having to adjusting any of the more fiddly parts. Additionally, the enclosed gears, brakes, and drivetrain keep all of the bike’s more sensitive components well protected from the weather, meaning that you can more or less forget about maintenance and just enjoy years of reliable service.
- Commercial deliveries (postage, food, etc.)
- The school run
- Doing the family shop
- On-street advertising for businesses
- Courier service
- Local handyman (handyperson?) tool transporter
- Light industrial use
- Around 100kg in the crate
- In the region of 60kg on the rear rack
- ‘Adaptive Seat Tube‘ adjustable for riders 160-200cm
- Ultra strong 26” and 20” wheels with 2.3mm thick spokes
- Tough powdercoat ensures rust protection
- Schwalbe Marathon tyres
- Weatherproof marine plywood box
- Easy to use and tough, spring-loaded parking stand
- B&M LED lighting system powered by hub dynamo
- Full chaincase to protect the drivetrain for minimal maintenance
- Abus wheel lock
- Stainless steel hardware
Pre-loved WorkCycles Kr8 price: £ 1300
(including international shipping, the RRP for a brand new bike of this configuration is £1875.42)