In spite of its very traditional frame design, the Flying Gentleman is not constructed from traditional steel. Instead, the frame is made from aluminium.
When we were choosing which bikes to feature in our Flying range, we had reservations about stocking anything aluminium. However, after a remarkably enjoyable test ride, the scales fell from our eyes and we did see the light! While steel offers a gently cushioned and weightily dignified ride, the alloy used in the Flying Gentleman makes the bike feel positively alive. The fat tyres and sprung saddle more than adequately take care of the rider’s comfort, leaving the uncompromising stiffness of the aluminium frame to deliver a truly rewarding connection to the bike’s drive train.
Our trial of this bike was a genuinely revelatory experience, and so we are now more than happy to include it in our exclusive collection; arrange a test ride and see for yourself – it really flies!
- Shopping, commuting, parental duties, general errands, medium-heavy cargo schlepping, looking suave*
- Matte ochre
- Matte black
- Matte blue
- Matte granite
- 50kg on the rear rack
- 30kg on the optional front rack
- Enclosed chaincase for low maintenance
- Shimano hub dynamo
- Stainless steel hardware
- Super strong rear rack
- Hand-operated Shimano IM80 front rollerbrake
- Oversized aluminium frame tubes
- Zinc carbonate primer and damage resistant powdercoat on the frame and mudguards
- This bike comes in 8 standard configurations.
- Single speed, 3-speed, or 7-speed gearing
- Rear brake: Coaster or Shimano IM80 rollerbrake
- Frame-mounted, removable front rack
- Rear wheel ring lock (high security)
- Hebie bipod kickstand (with steering stabiliser)
- Classic Ding-Dong bicycle bell
- Brooks saddle and handlebar grips
- Über bright Busch and Müller LED lights
- Schwalbe Marathon (black) or Delta Cruiser (cream) tyres
- This bike can easily and discretely be converted into an e-bike. Find out more about our electric upgrade options
- For more details see Pricing Sheet for Flying Gentleman
Prices starting from: £687