The Gr8 (pr. ‘Great’) is the lighter and more compact sibling of the mighty Fr8. Just like its big brother, the Gr8 is remarkably tough and versatile, and can be configured for a number of different purposes.
The majority of the Fr8’s component and accessory options can also be used on the Gr8, thus making it just as practical for everyday use. In fact, what with the WorkCycles patented Adaptive Stead Tube technology, the Gr8 can be quickly adjusted to fit riders from around 150cm to 195cm tall. This means that one bike can be shared by a family, or an office, or even used as a rental bike.
Because of its short wheelbase, low centre of gravity, and relatively light weight, the WorkCycles Gr8 is also a joy to ride. The combination of fat tyres and a sprung saddle not only inspire confidence in the rider, but both provide a good degree of comfort as well.
- School run
- Part of a commercial fleet
- Total of about 200kg
- ‘Adaptive Seat Tube‘ adjustable for riders 155-195cm
- TIG welded Chromoly frame and fork
- Tough powdercoat ensures protection from rust
- Ultra strong wheels with 13g stainless steel spokes
- Schwalbe Big Ben tyres with Kevlar antiflat technology
- Reliable Shimano front roller brake
- LED lighting system powered by hub dynamo
- Full chaincase to protect the drivetrain for minimal maintenance
- Stainless steel mudguards, polished or powdercoated
- All hardware (including stem and handlebar) is stainless steel
The versatility of the Gr8 is almost as boundless as that of the Fr8, and so there really are too many options to mention. Below are some examples that might be recommended…
- Smaller front rack with Hebie stand and steering stabiliser
- Medium or long rear rack
- Custom, laser-cut nameplate on frame’s rear triangle
- Magura hydraulic rim brakes instead of roller brakes
- Gearing can be single speed, 2-speed, 3-speed, 8-speed, or use the NuVinci CVT system
- Custom colours (from the RAL range) on all painted parts
- This bike can easily and discretely be converted into an e-bike. Find out more about Schachner MM15 Brushless Mid-Mounted Motor by clicking here.
Prices starting from: £ 1077.40
For more information see:
Pricing Sheet for WorkCycles Gr8 – 2017