WorkCycles Fr8 Cross-frame
We decided to pre-empt demand and order just a handful of WorkCycles Fr8 bikes for people who absolutely cannot endure the usual 8-10weeks lead time. By buying in bulk, we were able to pass the savings on to our customers, and this final Fr8 is over £140 less than the usual retail price. Deals like this are virtually unheard of, so grab it quick before it’s gone!
The WorkCycles Fr8 (pr. ‘Freight’) is a modular, heavy-duty transport bike, designed and built by the small team in Amsterdam.
The Cross-Frame version of the WorkCycles Fr8 is designed specifically for taller riders, and is best suited to those between 175-210cm in height. The patented Adaptive Seat Tube technology means that the same bike can be quickly adjusted to fit other riders without compromising the bike’s excellent ergonomics. If you are tall enough, and are not adverse to the raised step-over height, the Cross-Frame is a rock solid and subtly elegant bike that is as easy-riding as it is good-looking.
As a cargo bike, the Fr8 is famous for its industrial-strength and its ability to withstand the roughest treatment. From the rust protected 4130 chromoly frame to the specially made wheels and fat tyres, this bike is about as bomb-proof as it gets. In our experience, there really is no bike even close to as tough as the Fr8.
- Commercial deliveries (postage, food, etc.)
- On-street advertising for businesses
- Courier service
- Local handyman (handyperson?) tool transporter
- Light industrial use
- Weekly shop
- Total payload of 250kg
- Shimano Nexus 8-speed gear hub
- RAL 5019 (capri blue) custom paint job
- Extra long and strong rear rack
- City front carrier and Hebie bi-pod centre-stand
- ‘Adaptive Seat Tube‘ adjustable for riders 175-210cm
- TIG welded Chromoly frame and fork
- Tough powdercoat ensures rust protection
- Ultra strong wheels with 13g stainless steel spokes
- Schwalbe Big Apple tyres with Kevlar anti-flat technology
- Reliable Shimano IM80 front and rear rollerbrakes
- LED headlamps powered by hub dynamo
- Full chain-case to protect the drivetrain for minimal maintenance
- Stainless steel powedercoated mudguards
- All hardware (including stem and handlebar) is stainless steel