Lyx Step-Over by Pilen*
How will you build yours?
- The construction and finishing are harmonized to provide outstanding corrosion protection, low-maintenance, and a rare, timeless elegance. The Pilen Lyx is built to last a lifetime, and you can even pass it on to your grandchildren!
- All Pilen Lyx frames are made from TiG-welded chromium-molybdenum steel; superb strength, light weight, and very resilient. The bikes’ forks are also made from chromoly steel with a characteristic cast crown.
- Highly stable handling and wonderfully comfortable on the city road or country trail. Because of the relatively flat bars, the riding position of the Pilen Lyx has been likened to ‘the best mountain bike you’ve ever tried’.
- The wheels are made from exceptionally sturdy double-walled aluminium rims and thick stainless steel spokes. The rear wheel always uses swaged spokes – cold forged and made thinner and stronger in the middle section for extra durability.
- The use of stainless steel is extensive to prevent corrosion and prolong the life of the bike. For this reason, the stem, handlebars, mudguards, seat post, and all of the nuts and bolts are made from 8.18-steel.
- The Brooks B66 saddle is the icing on the cake that is the Pilen Lyx – a shop favourite of ours, and arguably the best saddle on the market. It’s certainly in a class of its own when it comes to adding comfort to an upright riding position (doesn’t look too shabby either!)
See Full Technical Specifications More custom options
|Configuration||Gearing and braking options||Price|
|Option 1||1-speed Shimano hub gears, hub dynamo with back-pedal brake||£ 630.00|
|Option 2||2-speed AutoC Sram hub gears, hub dynamo with back-pedal brake||£ 685.00|
|Option 3||3-speed Shimano hub gears, hub dynamo with back-pedal brake||£ 685.00|
|Option 4||7-speed Shimano hub gears, hub dynamo with back-pedal brake||£ 759.00|
|Option 5||7-speed Shimano hub gears, hub dynamo with 2 hand-brakes||£ 795.00|
|Option 6||8-speed Shimano hub gears, hub dynamo with back-pedal brake||£ 815.00|
|Option 7||8-speed Shimano hub gears, hub dynamo with 2 hand-brakes||£ 823.00|
Learn more about the brand
behind the bike!
*’Pilen‘ is Swedish for ‘arrow’, and the word derives from the Latin ‘Pilum‘, meaning ‘javelin’