Gazelle Puur.NL- double tube frame
There exists a formula for the perfect Dutch city bike. Perhaps, like a Platonic Form, it exists only as a concept; somewhere ‘out there’ in the ether of our imaginations. Essentially it is a convergence of numerous essential qualities; among them, the most important are usually considered to be comfort, utility, styling, and price.
It is a rare and unusual thing for a bicycle description to begin with a reference to the ancient philosophical notion of perfection, but if any bike deserves such an introduction, the Gazelle Puur.NL is surely it.
Riding this bike requires no thought, no hassle, and no fuss; it is just a simple pleasure. Fat tyres absorb bumps, and the huge Selle Royal saddle makes sure that you are scarcely even aware of them. The front and rear racks are built to proper Dutch standards, so the bike is always equipped to carry just about anything. The styling is unpretentious and simple, and because Gazelle design and hand-build their bikes in-house, all of the parts are aesthetically matched to complement each other. The price of the bike is also extremely competitive given the no-nonsense quality of the components, especially considering the Shimano brakes and gears, as well as the extensive use of stainless steel.
Superb features of this bike include the Ursus Jumbo super wide bi-pod kickstand, the high-volume Schwable balloon tyres, and the steering lock, which prevents the bike from tipping when it is being loaded. Although they were originally designed for cargo bikes, these features work exceptionally well to make the Puur.NL a formidable family bike; in fact, after the WorkCycles Fr8, the Gazelle Puur.NL is fast becoming our favourite family bike as it is so well-adapted for carrying children!
All in all, the Gazelle Puur.NL is a great all-rounder; as adept at carrying kids and shopping as it is at casual cruising and carrying crates of beer. Needless to say, we love it.
- Rear rack: 30kg (or one adult passenger)
- Front rack: 15kg (or one big crate of biertjes!)
- Puur.NL – Gloss black (brown highlights)
- Puur.NL – Just grey (blue highlights)
- Puur.NL PLUS – Gloss black (cream tyres)
- Puur.NL PLUS – Eclipse black (cream tyres with brown highlights)
- Battery-powered LED lights (front and rear)
- Super comfy Selle Royal saddle
- Stainless steel spokes
- Aluminium frame
- Steco front and rear racks
- Shimano 3-speed or 7-speed hub gears
- Hand-operated Shimano rollerbrakes
- Shimano Nexus 3-speed gearing and rollerbrakes (handbrakes)
- Shimano Nexus 7-speed gearing and rollerbrakes (handbrakes)
- Complement the look and add to the bike’s utility by adding a set of handmade Clarijs panniers
Prices including VAT:
Gazelle Puur.NL 3-speed with 1 rollerbrake and 1 coaster brake £549.00
Gazelle Puur.NL 7-speed with 1 rollerbrake and 1 coaster brake £619.00
Gazelle Puur.NL PLUS 7-speed with 2 rollerbrakes £649.00