WorkCycles Fr8 Cross-frame
The Fr8 (pr. ‘Freight’) is a modular, heavy-duty transport bike, designed and built by the WorkCycles team in Amsterdam.
It is one of our most versatile bikes, and so alongside its Cargo Configuration, it also comes in a City Configuration and a Family Configuration.
The Cross-Frame version of the WorkCycles Fr8 is designed specifically for taller riders, and is best suited to those between 175-210cm in height. The patented Adaptive Seat Tube technology means that the same bike can be quickly adjusted to fit other riders without compromising the bike’s excellent ergonomics. If you are tall enough, and are not adverse to the raised step-over height, the Cross-Frame is a rock solid and subtly elegant bike that is as easy-riding as it is good-looking.
As a cargo bike, the Fr8 is famous for its industrial-strength and its ability to withstand the roughest treatment. From the rust protected 4130 chromoly frame to the specially made wheels and fat tyres, this bike is about as bomb-proof as it gets. In our experience, there really is no bike even close to as tough as the Fr8.
For delivery purposes, we would specify the Fr8 with the aptly named ‘Massive Rack’ front carrier. This rack is purpose built to accommodate 60 x 40cm Euronorm crates, and to carry loads of up to 100kgs. It bears mentioning though, that even under load this bike still rolls remarkably smoothly, and the same bike can be easily adjusted for riders of any adult size. For advertising and branding purposes, custom colours and signboards are among the myriad options that are available to suit your needs.
- Commercial deliveries (postage, food, etc.)
- On-street advertising for businesses
- Courier service
- Local handyman (handyperson?) tool transporter
- Light industrial use
- Total of about 250kg
- ‘Adaptive Seat Tube‘ adjustable for riders 175-210cm
- TIG welded Chromoly frame and fork
- Tough powdercoat ensures rust protection
- Ultra strong wheels with 13g stainless steel spokes
- Schwalbe Big Ben tyres with Kevlar antiflat technology
- Reliable Shimano front roller brake
- LED headlamps powered by hub dynamo
- Full chain-case to protect the drivetrain for minimal maintenance
- Stainless steel mudguards, polished or powdercoated
- All hardware (including stem and handlebar) is stainless steel
The versatility of the Fr8 knows no bounds, and so there really are too many options to mention. Below are some examples that might be recommended for a cargo bike…
- Massive Rack front carrier with integrated parking stand
- Smaller front rack with Hebie bi-pod stand
- Long and strong rear rack
- Custom, laser-cut nameplate on frame
- Magura hydraulic rim brakes instead of roller brakes
- Gearing can be single speed, 2-speed, 3-speed, 8-speed, or use the NuVinci CVT system
- Custom colours (from the RAL range) on all painted parts
- This bike can easily and discretely be converted into an e-bike. Find out more about Schachner MM15 Brushless Mid-Mounted Motor by clicking here.
Prices starting from: £ 1160.77
For some more information see:
Pricing Sheet for WorkCycles Fr8 – 2017