We decided to include the Voyager in our range after a host of our customers started asking for practical, lightweight, upright city bikes. We scouted around, tested the rest, and now we bring you the best!
The Voyager feels sharp and honed in its construction, and is definitely easier to accelerate than a steel equivalent. The weight is kept to a minimum by trimming the fat and keeping only what is necessary. For example, half a kilo is shed by ditching a hub dynamo, thus saving both money and weight. The bike’s mudguards are also pretty slimline, and BSP did away with their usual sofa-like saddle in favour of something more svelte by Selle Royal.
Despite the extensive weight-saving measures taken to keep the Voyager spritely, nothing has been lost in terms of the bike’s practicality, comfort, or styling. The rear rack has the same, substantial load capacity as every other Dutch bike, and the wheels are made to the same ‘bomb-proof’ standard.
Battery-powered LED lighting comes as standard on this bike, meaning that you don’t have to shop around for an aftermarket set. Buying components like lights, racks, mudguards, and locks as part of the complete package helps to keep the manufacturer’s costs down, and these are savings that are passed on to you.
Enclosed Shimano gears, brakes, and drivetrain keep all of the Voyager’s more delicate components protected from the weather, meaning that you can more or less forget about maintenance and just enjoy years of reliable service.
Top quality city bikes are the trademark stamp of the Dutch bicycle industry, and we have absolute faith that the Voyager can handle whatever life throws at it. Pop a set of panniers on the rack, and kiss the car goodbye!
- Rear rack: 35kg
- Frozen matte black
- Matte granite grey
- Battery-powered LED lights (front and rear)
- Selle Royal ‘Lookin’ Gel Saddle
- Stainless steel 13g spokes
- Aluminium alloy frame
- Shimano Nexus 7-speed hub gears and IM45 rollerbrakes
- Qibbel front and rear child seats
- Ergon handlebar grips and pedals
- Brooks saddles (we recommend the Cambium for this bike)
- For more accessories, see our Boutique.
- This bike can easily and discretely be made into an e-bike. Read more about our electric upgrade options.
- For more details see Pricing sheet for BSP Voyager 2016