The WorkCycles Kr8 (pr. ‘crate’) is one of our more versatile bikes, and as such can also be adapted for family purposes in addition to its heavy-duty cargo-carrying capacities.
As the WorkCycles team is known for their attention to detail, it should come as no surprise that their latest offering has a number of well-considered advantages over its predecessors and peers; the Kr8’s lighter weight, better steering, clever cabling, enhanced ergonomics, and improved parking stand all work together to set it apart from the competition. Easier and nicer to ride than any three-wheeler, the low-lying box and adaptive geometry make handling a piece of cake for anyone.
As the Kr8 has joined the ‘r8’ family, this mighty bakfiets can make use of the extensive range of optional extras for which WorkCycles have become famous. Nifty features such as the patented ‘Escape Hatch’ make it easy to replace things like the rear tyre, inner tube, or rollerbrake without opening the chaincase or having to adjusting any of the more fiddly parts. Additionally, the enclosed gears, brakes, and drivetrain keep all of the bike’s more sensitive components well protected from the weather, meaning that you can more or less forget about maintenance and just enjoy years of reliable service.
- Commercial deliveries (postage, food, etc.)
- On-street advertising for businesses
- Courier service
- Local handyman (handyperson?) tool transporter
- Light industrial use
- 80kg in the crate
- In the region of 50kg on the rear rack
- ‘Adaptive Seat Tube‘ adjustable for riders 160-200cm
- Ultra strong 26” and 20” wheels with 2.3mm thick spokes
- Tough powdercoat ensures rust protection
- Schwalbe Marathon tyres
- Weatherproof marine plywood box
- Easy to use and tough, spring-loaded parking stand
- B&M LED lighting system powered by hub dynamo
- Full chaincase to protect the drivetrain for minimal maintenance
- Abus wheel lock
- Stainless steel hardware
The versatility of the WorkCycles Kr8 is quite astonishing, and so there really are too many options to mention. Below are some examples that might be worth considering for a cargo configuration…
- Long and strong rear rack
- Custom, laser-cut nameplate on frame
- Magura hydraulic rim brakes instead of roller brakes
- Gearing can be single speed, 2-speed, 3-speed, 8-speed, or use the NuVinci CVT system
- Rock & RAL – custom colours available on all painted parts
- This bike can easily and discretely be converted into an e-bike. Find out more about Schachner MM15 Brushless Mid-Mounted Motor by clicking here.
Prices starting from: £ 2036.00
For more information please see:
WorkCycles Kr8 Pricing Sheet – 2017 autumn